Get 'that' Job Workshop
Target audience: Any USQ general employee who wishes to achieve their ambition of getting 'that' job.
This course aims to equip participants with the skills necessary to apply for USQ positions. These skills include resume writing, addressing selection criteria and interviewee skills and techniques.
At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of effective resume writing
- Identify the do's and don'ts of resume writing
- Understand the importance of highlighting your achievements and responsibilities within your resume
- Identify what selection criteria are and how they are used by USQ selection panels
- STAR Model
- Breaking down selection criteria
- Identify do's and don'ts of addressing selection criteria
- Understand the Interview process at USQ
- Identify what is 'behavioural' interviewing
- Develop interview preparation strategies
- Identify effective interview techniques
- Establish the importance of interview follow-up.
The course is conducted in three individual one hour sessions. The first session looks at how to write an effective resume. The second session focuses on how to address key selection criteria in order to clearly demonstrate skills and abilities and the third session focuses on interviewee skills, including interview preparation and how to efficiently answer behavioural interview questions.
Participants will receive a comprehensive set of notes covering the material discussed during the course.