Writing for the USQ Website
Target audience: USQ Employees involved in authoring and editing content for the University website.
This course aims to introduce some of the key concepts associated with writing for the web.
The course will cover a number of key topics, including:
- the differences between web and print writing
- definition and importance of web usability
- the importance of planning your web content
- linking and URL structure
- search (including meta data, key words and analytics)
- web accessibility
- mobility and web responsive design
- resources for web writers and editors.
(Note: the authoring and editing of online course materials are not covered in this course.)