Supervisor Accreditation 1: Navigating policy and procedures of HDR candidates
Target audience: All academic staff who are supervisors or co-supervisors of Higher Degree Research students.
This session aims to provide important information to academic staff regarding policies and procedures relating to candidates in Research and Higher Degree programs. The workshop will guide supervisors through the enrolment, confirmation, changes of candidature, submission and examination procedures.
At the conclusion of the workshop participates will be familiar with
- Progression (including progress reporting, awarding of grades, and performance management issues)
- Confirmation of candidature*
- Period of Leave of Absence (general and scholarship)
- Variations to Candidature (extension of time, extension of scholarship, change of study mode, etc)
- Approval for awarding of degree and eligibility to be conferred.
This session will be facilitated by Office of Graduate Studies (ORGS).