Mental Health First Aid Training
Target audience: All USQ staff
This session will provide participants with:
· Further information about mental health issues and trends
· Information about common mental health problems (including depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bipolar disorder and psychosis)
· Strategies to implement to reduce the stigma associated with mental health
· Knowledge to identify mental health signs
· Strategies to support participants to create action plans to better assist with mental health issues.
Participants will each receive a professionally created toolkit of resources.
The session is facilitated by Rob McGrigor B.Nurse, G.DipEd, MMusThy, MMHN, Mental Health First Aid Instructor, Toowoomba Music Therapy Services.