Mental Health First Aid Training
Target audience: All USQ employees only
This accredited two-day workshop is designed to provide participants with information about various mental health issues, and how to provide and where to seek help in a situation.
Specifically, the workshop will cover:
- Information about current mental health issues affecting our region
- Information about current mental health problems including but not limited to the following:
- Depression; Symptoms and Causes, Interventions, Treatment, Resources
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety, Post-traumatic Stress, Social Phobia and Panic Disorder
- Psychosis: Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Psychotic depression, Risk factors and interventions
- Substance Misuse: Alcohol and Drugs, Risk factors and Interventions
- Suicide: How to recognize the signs and approach the subject.
- Information about how to spot warning signs and symptoms of mental health problems and how to implement strategies to assist in a situation.
Participants will be provided with a comprehensive manual and will receive a fully accredited participation certificate.
Please be advised that a $50 'no-show' fee will apply where a registered participant withdraws without notice. Occasionally a session may be made unviable by late cancellations – as this may incur presenter's costs the 'no show ' fee is necessary. Forty-eight (48) hours notice of withdrawal is required except in exceptional circumstances.
Participants are expected to attend both days of the workshop.